Friday, February 18, 2011

From screen to 'possible' reality in form of Lego


The Mash 4077 Podcast has got off to a fabulous start and I'm proud to be part of it. Having been a fan since the age of seven i started watching as the series came to a close so those familiar faces of Hawk, BJ, Charles, Potter and Klinger drifted away from my screens within a few years of me becoming addicted.

Imagine my surprise when BBC2 began re-screening them right from the start and happy to see Hawkeye back, though his hair seemed a lot darker but where was BJ, Charles and Klinger? Instead I had a wise cracking man with curly hair and very white teeth and a man who seemed very uptight and having a foot fetish with another stuck up woman who looked a bit like a character I'd known as Margaret but here she was called Hotlips.

After a few episodes though I fell back in love and my addiction started again and has never stopped. At the age of 38 I still get excited when i watch a episode, even if its on TV i will still go out of my way to watch. I have the full DVD box set collection, the film, the large book, the Alan Alda end of MASH book and even the novels. Also sitting in my study is a Lego play set, actually its Lego but made by another company and yes you have guessed it it is the MASH set complete with ambulance, jeep, hospital, and that infamous sign pointing in all directions of home.

That Lego set sits away from my daughter, who in her own little world looks at Lego pieces as something to chew on, i see her point but she can stick to chewing her own blocks and not mine that make up my own little MASH 4077 base.

Meds

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree on the "Who is this Trapper guy? and "Lt. Col Henry Blake? He's not in charge, Potter's in Charge" But then like you I figured it out again and it all fell back into place. Just saw the episode where Henry's plane is shot down, so sad.

    Oh and yes, please keep those lego block away from that chewing daughter of yours!

    Bod

    ReplyDelete